Introducing invite-only deals, a new way for Prime members to request an invitation to access exclusive Prime Day deals that are expected to sell out
To celebrate 10 years of Prime in Canada, members can also access exclusive anniversary deals on Prime Day
TORONTO—June 20, 2023—(NASDAQ: AMZN)—The countdown begins to Amazon’s Prime Day event. From Tuesday, July 11 at 3 a.m. EDT through Wednesday, July 12, Prime members can shop select products from a variety of brands, like Ninja, iRobot, Bose, JBL, Samsung, Philips Domestic Appliances, Mattel, Hasbro, Vitamix, Melissa & Doug, with deep discounts on top products from other known brands. Eligible customers can join Prime or start a free trial at amazon.ca/primeday to participate.
"Prime Day is all about making our Prime members feel like a big deal, with deep savings and access to some of the best offers from brands they love," said Jamil Ghani, vice president of Amazon Prime. "With invite-only deals, we’re adding more value to the Prime experience and have made it easier for our Prime members to shop exclusive doorbuster deals at incredible prices without waiting in line.”
From requesting early access to exclusive Prime Day deals to asking Alexa for deal notifications and event reminders, members can access several ways to prepare for Prime Day.
- Sign up for Invite-Only Deals: With the all-new invite-only deals program, Prime members can request an invitation to score some of Prime Day’s best deals from popular brands including JBL, Mattel, and Morroccanoil. Members who are selected will be notified during Prime Day with instructions on how to purchase the item at the exclusive deal price.
- Prime 10-Year Anniversary Deals: This year marks the 10th anniversary of Prime launching in Canada and to celebrate this milestone, members will be able to shop exclusive anniversary deals this Prime Day. This month Amazon Canada also announced that new and existing Prime members can now sign up for a free one-year DashPass (a $120 value) and benefit from unlimited $0 delivery fees on eligible orders, 5% back in DoorDash credit on eligible Pickup orders, and exclusive promotions and deals. These new offers are one of the many ways Prime in Canada has expanded in value over the last decade, to offer a single membership that combines benefits to make life more convenient, simple, and fun. To learn more about this offer and to activate the new benefit, visit amazon.ca/doordash.
- Save Big on Amazon Devices: Get deals starting now and save up to 55% on select Echo devices, including the all-new Echo Pop; up to 50% off select Ring bundles; up to 32% off select kids devices including Fire Tablets for Kids; up to 53% on Fire TV sticks.
- Enjoy Early Savings on Prime Video: Rent popular movies now for $2.99 or less including Puss In Boots: The Last Wish and Shazam! Fury Of the Gods. Prime members can also subscribe now to select channels for $0.99 per month for up to two months, including STACKTV, STARZ, Super Channel, Teletoon+, Hayu, Hollywood Suite, The Great Courses Signature Collection, PBS Masterpeice, MGM, BritBox, Citytv+, Discovery+, Shudder, Sundance Now, Acorn TV, OUTtv, Love Nature, Smithsonian, BBC Earth, IFC Films Unlimited, ALLWAYSBLK, familyTV, BBC Select, Stingray All Good Vibes, MotorTrend. All Prime Video deals can be found at primevideo.com/deals.
- Get a $20 Amazon.ca Credit: Prime members will receive a $20 Amazon.ca credit when they download the Amazon Photos app and upload their first photo. Available now through 11:59 p.m. PT on Friday, July 7 to Prime members in Canada.
- Set up personalized deal alerts: Prime members can subscribe to receive deal alert notifications related to their recent Amazon searches and recently viewed items. All they have to do is visit the Prime Day event page on the Amazon app between now and Prime Day to create deal alerts. Once Prime Day arrives, members will receive push notifications on any available deals.
- Receive deal notifications from Alexa: Prime members can ask Alexa for deal notifications on products added to their Wish List, Cart, or Save for Later. To get started, just ask, “Alexa, add [product name] to my cart,” and then ask Alexa to notify you about the deal when it’s live.
- Ask Alexa for an event reminder: Let Alexa give you a gentle nudge when Prime Day begins. Prime members can be alerted at the start of the event by asking, “Alexa, set a reminder for Prime Day.”
Prime offers the best of savings, convenience, and entertainment to more than 200 million paid members around the world. In Canada, that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video, ad-free listening of millions of songs on Amazon Music, unlimited access to thousands of books with Prime Reading, free games with Prime Gaming, free unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos, early access to select Lightning Deals, Prime Day, and more. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members have access to Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery on eligible orders over $25 when shipping to Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, and Southwestern Ontario, Prime FREE One-Day Delivery to most cities and towns, and FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items. Prime is $99 per year or $9.99 a month and eligible customers can start a free trial of Prime at amazon.ca/prime. University and College students can join Prime Student for 50% off and enjoy the benefits of Prime with a six-month trial at amazon.ca/primestudent. Amazon Business customers—from small businesses to large enterprises, as well as education, government, and non-profit organizations—can also take advantage of Prime’s fast, free shipping and exclusive business-relevant benefits with Business Prime, which starts at $109 per year for up to three users at amazon.ca/businessprime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.