Amazon Adds More to Halo—Introducing Halo View, Halo Fitness, and Halo Nutrition
New Halo View health tracker features an AMOLED color display for at-a-glance health metrics and comes bundled with a full year of Halo membership—all for just
Halo Nutrition, a new membership experience, helps customers fuel up with healthy recipes, and introduces tools for personalized meal planning
“Customers tell us Halo is having a meaningful impact on their lives, offering important insights and tools they need to meet their health goals,” said
Halo View is purpose-built to connect customers to Halo health metrics, helping keep them motivated and on-track throughout the day. Featuring a vibrant AMOLED color display with haptic feedback, Halo View offers easy access to activity, sleep scores, blood oxygen levels, live workout tracking, text and move notifications, and more. Its sleek capsule includes multiple sensors to provide highly accurate information to power Halo health insights, with an optical sensor to monitor heart rate and blood oxygen, a skin temperature sensor, and an accelerometer. Halo View is lightweight, comfortable, and swim-proof, with up to seven days of battery life, and can fully charge in under 2 hours. It comes in three stylish sport band colors—Active Black,
Halo Fitness—Hundreds of New, Immersive Workouts
Halo Nutrition—Time-Saving Tools to Eat Healthier
Diet is a critical part of overall well-being, and the new Halo Nutrition experience is designed to support members in building healthy eating habits they can sustain. Halo Nutrition features personalized, time-saving tools to discover delicious, nutrient-rich recipes or plan out a week of healthful eating. Members can customize their experience to account for specific allergies and preferences, build a tailored meal plan, or select from one of seven pre-curated menus: classic, keto, Mediterranean, Nordic, paleo, vegan, and vegetarian. Members can also browse a library of more than 500 recipes from partners including WW, Lifesum, and
- Discover: An ever-expanding catalog of workouts, sleep resources, nutrition programs, mindfulness exercises, and meditations created by Halo experts, as well as experts from 8fit, Aaptiv,
American Heart Association, Exhale On Demand, Headspace, Julian Treasure, Mayo Clinic, Openfit, P.volve, Russell Wilson, Relax Melodies, and more. Over 150 programs are designed to drive useful discoveries, like if a lower temperature aids sleep, if yoga stretches contribute to a lower heart rate, or if a program of strength training reduces body fat percentage.
- Body: Medical research shows that body fat percentage is a better measure of overall health than weight or body mass index alone, but tools that measure this can be expensive or difficult to access. Using computer vision (CV) and machine learning (ML),
AmazonHalo enables customers to measure their body fat percentage from the comfort and privacy of their own home. Body is as accurate as methods a doctor would use, nearly twice as accurate as at-home smart scales, and has been clinically validated by Pennington Biomedical Research Centerand Massachusetts General Hospital. Learn more about the Body feature.
- Activity: Informed by
American Heart Associationphysical activity guidelines and the latest medical research, AmazonHalo awards points weekly, based on the intensity and duration of movement, not just the number of steps taken. Movement Health: Improving physical movement helps prepare the body to handle the demands of everyday life. Using just a smartphone camera and the Halo app, Movement Healthuses CV and ML to assess mobility, stability, and posture, then recommends a custom program of corrective exercises.
- Sleep: The health benefits of consistently good sleep are well documented.
AmazonHalo uses motion, heart rate, and temperature to measure time asleep and time awake; time spent in the various phases of sleep, including deep, light, and REM; and skin temperature while sleeping.
- Tone: The globally accepted definition of health includes physical, social, and emotional well-being. Tone uses ML to analyze energy and positivity in a customer’s voice so they can better understand how they may sound to others, which can help improve their communication and relationships. Learn more about the Tone feature.
- Alexa for Halo: Customers can connect their Alexa to Halo, giving them the ability to simply ask for updates on their health and wellness information—including activity score, sleep quality, body composition—from an Alexa-enabled device. Just ask, “Alexa, how did I sleep last night?” or “Alexa, how many activity points do I have?”
Privacy by Design
Privacy is foundational, and multiple layers of privacy and security are built into Halo hardware and the service to keep data safe and in customers’ control. Plus, all Halo health data is encrypted in transit and at rest in the cloud, and customers can download or delete their Halo health data at any time directly from the Halo app. Halo View also offers customers the ability to PIN-protect access to on-device Halo health data. Learn more about
Pricing and Availability
Halo View comes bundled with one year of Halo membership for just