Amazon Invested $15 Billion and Launched 225 New Tools and Services in 2019 to Help Worldwide Third-Party Sellers – Mostly Small and Medium-Sized Businesses – Grow and Thrive
American small and medium-sized businesses selling in Amazon’s stores had a record-breaking year, with more than 15,000 businesses surpassing
Nearly 25,000 American small and medium-sized businesses surpassed
Third-party sellers sold more than 700 million items in Amazon’s U.S. store that shipped with Prime Free One-Day Delivery or faster in 2019
“More than half of the items sold in Amazon’s stores are from small and medium-sized businesses, so our success is deeply tied to their success,” said
Tools such as Target Inventory Levels, Inventory Performance Index, and the Inventory Performance Dashboard help sellers leverage Prime Free One-Day Delivery and reach more customers with their products. Additionally,
Top tools and services launched in 2019 include:
Brand Analytics and Brand Dashboard. Brand owner sellers enrolled in Brand Registry can use Brand Analytics and the Brand Dashboard to track product performance and access traffic and conversion recommendations.
Amazonsellers viewed the metrics on their Brand Dashboard more than a million times in 2019.
- Manage Your Experiments. Manage Your Experiments lets sellers run experiments like A/B testing to see how content on their listings performs. These learnings help sellers optimize product content and drive sales.
- New Product Optimizer. The New Product Optimizer provides recommendations and best practices to help brand owner sellers launch new products successfully.
Growth Navigator. Growth Navigator gives sellers personalized guidance on additional selling programs and features to experiment with to accelerate growth in Amazon’s stores. Each recommendation includes rich educational content, including
Seller Universityvideos, to help sellers learn more about the programs and features.
Amazon Live features. U.S.-based sellers enrolled in Brand Registry can engage with customers in real-time and drive sales using interactive livestreams with Amazon Live. New in 2019, customers can now Follow brands that stream on Amazon Live, allowing sellers to connect directly with customers about their products and brands, and build an audience on
“In a recent survey of small and medium-sized businesses in the U.S., we found that 90% trust
Additional small and medium-sized business highlights include:
- It was a record-breaking holiday season for third-party sellers – mostly SMBs – with worldwide unit sales seeing double-digit year-over-year growth, surpassing a billion items sold in Amazon’s stores.
Sales by third-party sellers – mostly SMBs – in Amazon’s stores far exceeded
$2 billionon Prime Day 2019.
- Small and medium-sized businesses selling in Amazon’s stores have created an estimated 1.6 million jobs worldwide, with more than half in the U.S.
- Amazon Storefronts, Amazon’s curated destination to shop exclusively from American SMBs, has surpassed 2.5 million products from nearly 30,000 U.S. companies.
To learn more about the millions of small and medium-sized businesses growing with