Amazon Prime Day 2020 Marked the Two Biggest Days Ever for Small & Medium Businesses in Amazon’s Stores Worldwide
Third-party sellers—most of which are small and medium-sized businesses—surpassed
Prime members saved more than
“We are thrilled that Prime Day was a record-breaking event for small and medium businesses worldwide, with sales surpassing
Members shopped and found great deals across a variety of categories from small businesses to top brands, with Home, Electronics, Nutrition & Wellness, and Arts, Crafts & Sewing as some of the best-selling categories. In addition, Prime members enjoyed deep discounts, snatching up incredible deals with best-selling products globally including,
Here are some additional highlights from Prime Day 2020.
Global Highlights from Prime Day 2020
Supporting Small Businesses
Amazon held its biggest small business promotion ever in the lead-up to Prime Day, and had hundreds of thousands of deals from both small and medium-sized businesses available globally over the two-day event.
“2020 has been a rollercoaster for small businesses like mine, but Prime Day helped us sell a whole month’s worth of inventory in two days. In addition, with the Spend
"This year's Prime Day exceeded all of our expectations. On day one we saw a 700% lift in units sold, leading to a record sales day for us. Prime Day has become one of the most important events of the year for us as a small business, not only for its sales boost, but also as a way for us to build awareness with new customers. Amazon helps us reach an audience that would be difficult to reach on our own.”—
- Independent third-party sellers—most of which are small and medium-sized businesses—surpassed
$3.5 billionin sales on Prime Day—a nearly 60% increase over Prime Day 2019, growing even more than Amazon’s retail business.
- Top-selling categories for third-party sellers include Bedding, Wireless Accessories, Nutrition & Wellness, Arts, Crafts & Sewing, and Health Care.
- Tens of millions of customers supported small businesses in the two-week lead-up to Prime Day, generating more than
$900 millionin sales for small businesses included in the Spend $10, Get $10promotion.
- During the two weeks leading up to Prime Day, customers shopped from small businesses across all 50 U.S. states, with small businesses included in the promotion in
Utah, California, and New Jerseyseeing the biggest sales per capita.
Prime Member Savings
With early promotions and more than one million deals globally, members had an opportunity to save big this Prime Day.
- Prime members saved more than
$1.4 billionon Prime Day 2020.
- Prime members earned tens of millions of dollars in Amazon.com credits from this year’s Spend
$10, Get $10Prime Day promotion while shopping Whole Foods Market, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Go, Amazon Go Grocery, Amazon Books, Amazon Pop Up, and Amazon 4-star stores.
Members took advantage of incredible savings on Amazon Devices throughout Prime Day.
Echo Dotwas the most popular item purchased on Prime Day globally.
- Companies building devices with Alexa built-in had a record Prime Day with Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) Wireless Headphones and Fitbit Versa 2 Health and Fitness Smartwatch being some of the most popular items during the Prime Day event.
- Customers purchased millions of Alexa compatible devices during the Prime Day event.
- Customers purchased even more Fire TV Edition Smart TVs than during previous Prime Day events, buying a record-setting number of Fire TV Edition Smart TVs from brands including Toshiba and Insignia.
Members shopped across a wide selection of products in a variety of categories including electronics, beauty, fashion, grocery, toys, furniture, everyday essentials, school supplies, and more.
- Some of the top categories that members shopped and saved globally included Home, Electronics, Nutrition & Wellness, among others.
- Prime members enjoyed deep discounts as they snatched-up incredible deals with best-selling products globally, including
Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote, iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuum, LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, and Lego Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet, among others.
- During the two-week lead up to Prime Day, Holiday Favorites was the most popular holiday station and 50 Great Holiday Songs, Christmas Classics and Caroling at Christmas were the most streamed holiday playlists for Amazon Music listeners on the Prime tier in the
Some of the top-selling deals from around the world, excluding Amazon Devices, included:
United States: iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuum, MyQ Wireless & WiFi Enabled Smart Garage Door Opener, LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, Goli Apple Cider Vinegar Vitamins, and Kids Against Maturity: Card Game for Kids and Families. United Kingdom: Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Celebrations Chocolate Bulk Box, HalloweenParty Bag Fillers, Oral-B Smart 6 6000N CrossAction Electric Toothbrush. United Arab Emirates: Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash, Sony Extra Bass Smartphone Headset with Mic Headphone, and Nescafe Dolce Mini Me Coffee Machine. Turkey: HP Laptop, Baby Turco Islak Havlu Mendil, and Familia Plus Paper Towels. Spain: Finish Powerball All in 1 Max Detergent, L'Oréal Paris Men Expert - 24H Hydra Energetic Daily Moisturizer, BRITA MAXTRA universal cartridge, and Oral B CrossAction Electric Toothbrush. Singapore: Cocolife Coconut Water, Learning Resources Sight Word Auditory Learning Game, Wolf Blass Red Label, Australia Cabernet Merlot, LEGO Classic 10698 Large Creative Brick Box. Netherlands: Lego Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet, Dettol Cleaning Wipes Power & Fresh, Oral-B Pro CrossAction Electric Toothbrush. Mexico: Lloyd’s WiFi Smart Bulb Compatible with Alexa, iOS, Android and Google Assistant, Lysol Multipurpose Disinfectant, and TECHVIDA Automatic Water Dispenser.
- Luxembourg: Christmas
Magic Yankee Candle, SanDisk Extreme microSDXC Memory Card, and Sagrotan Hand Disinfectant Gel with Aloe Vera. Japan: SwitchBot, Detergent Wide Hiter, and Water Bottles I Ro Ha Su. Italy: FIFA21 PlayStation 4, includes PS5 upgrade, Borbone Respresso Coffee Capsules, and Protective Face Mask FFP2 by Jiandi. France: Pampers Premium Protection diapers, Braun Oral-B Pro 2 2500 rechargeable electric toothbrush, and the Harry Potter owl building set from LEGO. Germanyand Austria: SanDisk Extreme microSDXC Memory Card(128 GB), Lavazza Coffee Beans - Caffè Crema Classico, and Tefal Jamie Oliver Pan. China: L'Oreal Paris Golden Age Repair Cream, Dove Creme Body Scrub, Western Digital Desktop External Hard Drive, Philips Sonicare Genuine Replacement Brush Head. Canada: LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, Govee LED Light Strip compatible with Alexa, All Natural Advice Anti-Aging Vitamin C Serum, Instant Pot Duo Nova, and Donut Shop Variety Box Keurig K-Cup Pods. Brazil: Positivo Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb Compatible with Alexa, Faber-Castell Highlighter Pen, 6 Pastel Colors, and Lysoform Disinfectant. Belgium: SanDisk Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory card 128 GB, Sagrotan Hand Disinfectant Gel with Aloe Vera, and Samsung Internal SSD. Australia: Philips Hue Smart Lighting, Skin Carefrom WELEDAand Palmolive.
Operations and Delivery
Every day at Amazon, incredible employees come together to deliver magical experiences for customers. Amazon announced just last month that it is creating an additional 100,000 regular full-time and part-time jobs in its fulfillment and logistics network throughout the
- On Prime Day, the fastest delivery was delivered in 29 minutes and 54 seconds, and included Febreze Car Air Freshener Vent Clips. In the
U.S., of those Prime members who selected Amazon Day as their preferred delivery option on Prime Day, Saturday was the most popular delivery day selected.
- This year, even more Prime members opted to ship items to an Amazon Hub pickup location versus last year. As of the end of
October 13, the top ten U.S.cities where Prime members used a Hub Lockeror Counter service are Brooklyn, Chicago, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Portland, San Jose, and Seattle.
Prime was designed to make your life better every single day. Over 150 million paid members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment. In the
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS,
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.