Introducing the All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition—The Next Generation of Amazon’s Most Affordable Kids Tablet, With Access to Over 20,000 Kid-Friendly Titles
The all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition offers a faster processor, 16 GB of
storage, one year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, a kid-proof case, and a
2-year worry-free guarantee—still only
Amazon FreeTime Unlimited provides access to over 20,000 kid-friendly books, Audible books, educational apps, games, and videos, including over 2,000 Spanish language titles—all hand-curated for age-appropriateness
Featuring easy-to-use parental controls that encourage learning before play, and give parents the ability to manage their child’s FreeTime settings—either on their child’s device or remotely via Parent Dashboard
New kid-proof case with adjustable stand makes it even easier for kids to enjoy their favorite content; now available in blue, pink, and a new purple color
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190516005627/en/
All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition (Photo: Business Wire)
The Fire 7 Kids Edition is built from the ground-up for kids with three ideas in mind:
- Kids want a real tablet that grows with them—Fire 7 Kids Edition offers a 7” IPS display, a faster processor, and 16 GB of storage with up to 512 GB of expandable storage via a microSD card slot. Fire tablets support up to two adult profiles (accessible with secured PIN access) and four child profiles that can be customized for each member of the family.
- Parents don’t want to worry about the content their kids are viewing—Fire 7 Kids Edition includes a year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, which offers more than 20,000 premium books, Audible books, educational apps, games, and videos that have been curated for age-appropriateness. It also includes access to tens of thousands of hand-selected websites and web videos, award-winning parental controls, and over 2,000 Spanish language titles.
- Despite best intentions, kids break things—Fire 7 Kids Edition comes with a kid-proof case, and a two-year worry-free guarantee—if they break it, return it and we’ll replace it.
“Fire Kids Edition tablets are the #1 best-selling kids’ tablets in the
U.S. and today, the Fire 7 Kids Edition is getting even better with a
faster processor and a new kid-proof case with a stand," said
Premium Kids Content, Now With 2x the Spanish Language Titles
With Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, kids have access to premium,
age-appropriate books, Audible books, educational apps, games, and
videos, including new and popular titles, such as Toy Story: Smash It!,
Fire 7 Kids Edition comes with a year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited.
After the first year, customers can continue their subscription starting
Over 10 million kids (and their parents) have enjoyed the award-winning Amazon FreeTime service, which provides the perfect balance between giving kids the content they love, while providing parents peace of mind knowing that what their kids are viewing on their device is age-appropriate. FreeTime offers parental controls that encourage learning before play, and gives parents the ability to manage their child’s FreeTime settings, including:
- Age filters—parents can adjust settings to tailor the FreeTime experience for each child and ensure the content their kids are viewing is age-appropriate.
- Learn First—parents can set daily goals for educational content, and block access to entertainment content until after educational goals are met each day.
- Screen time by category—parents can restrict certain categories, such as apps and games, while leaving unlimited time for reading.
- Total screen time—parents can choose a set amount of total screen time per day, after which FreeTime will shut down.
- Bedtime—parents can control when FreeTime shuts down for the day and turns back on the next morning.
- Weekday and weekend settings—parents can set time limits by weekdays and weekends.
- Add or remove content—parents can add titles from their own content library into FreeTime, or choose to remove unwanted FreeTime Unlimited content.
- Enable the web browser—parents can choose to enable or disable the kid-friendly web browser within FreeTime.
Additionally, parents can access Parent Dashboard (parents.amazon.com) to view daily activity reports of the digital content their kids are using in FreeTime and determine how to manage time limits and educational goals. Remote parental controls in Parent Dashboard make it easy for parents to pause their child’s devices for a set amount of time, as well as adjust their child’s FreeTime settings remotely via any web browser on a mobile device or computer. Parents can also access Discussion Cards in Parent Dashboard to view summaries and sample questions to help them initiate conversations with their kids about the content they’re viewing in FreeTime.
The all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition is available for pre-order today for
As a special introductory offer, Fire 7 Kids Edition tablets are
available in a multi-pack option so every member of the family can enjoy
one. Buy two Fire 7 Kids Edition tablets for
In addition to the Fire 7 Kids Edition,