Meet the All-New Kindle Paperwhite—Thinner, Lighter, 2x the Storage, and Waterproof for Just $129
New flush-front design with our highest-resolution 300 ppi display and crisp, laser-quality text
Waterproof so you can read by the pool, in the bath, or at the beach
With six months of Kindle Unlimited for free, enjoy unlimited access
to millions of titles, including Molly’s Game, Norse Mythology, The
Color of Magic: A Novel Discworld, and Upstairs at the
Now with Audible, listen to your favorite audiobook on your Bluetooth headphones or speakers
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181016005646/en/
Kindle Paperwhite (Photo: Business Wire)
“Customers love the Kindle Paperwhite, and we’re excited to bring
premium features—like a thinner and lighter flush-front design,
additional storage, waterproofing, and Audible—to our most popular
Sleek, modern design
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite features a sleek, flush-front design and a back made of soft, grippable material so it rests easily in your hand. It is the thinnest and lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet, measuring 8.18mm thick and weighing 182g—less than half the weight of many paperback books—so extended reading sessions are even more comfortable.
The six-inch, high resolution 300 ppi display features crisp, laser-quality text that reads like real paper. It also includes five LEDs and an adjustable front light for a uniform, glare-free display in any setting—even direct sunlight.
The first waterproof Kindle Paperwhite
The most popular Kindle is now waterproof so you can read in even more places. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is designed to withstand accidental drops in the bathtub, hot tub, pool, and ocean. It’s IPX8 rated to protect against immersion in up to two meters of fresh water for up to 60 minutes.
2x the storage
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite comes with twice the storage so you can keep more content on your device. Available in 8 GB, which is twice the storage as the previous generation and can hold thousands of titles, and 32 GB for storing even more content with large file sizes, like audiobooks, comics, newspapers, magazines, and more.
With Bluetooth built-in, listen to your favorite Audible book and switch seamlessly between reading and listening so you never lose your place. Access the Audible store directly on the all-new Kindle Paperwhite and find your next listen from the world’s largest library of audiobooks—including more than 450,000 professionally performed audio programs, including Audible books, original audio productions, and exclusive content. Just connect your all-new Kindle Paperwhite to a Bluetooth-enabled device, like speakers or headphones, and dive into a story.
More great content—six months of Kindle Unlimited for free
Kindle devices already come with instant access to millions of titles in the
Even more personalization
Kindle includes a variety of ways to tailor your experience so you can read your book your way. Today, we’re introducing even more personalization features, including:
- An updated home—The new home experience makes it easier to find your next read based on your reading history, including books that are free for you to read from Kindle Unlimited or Prime Reading. You can also view reading accomplishments, like how many days in the past month you’ve read, as well as fun facts and tips so you can get the most out of your device.
- Easily personalize your reading—Now save multiple reading settings, selecting the font, boldness level, and orientation settings you prefer all from the main menu and quickly switch between those settings.
The updated home experience, as well as the ability to quickly save and access reading settings, will be delivered as a free, over-the-air update to the all-new Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Paperwhite Gen 6 (released in 2013) and newer devices in the coming weeks.
The features readers love about Kindle
By design, Kindle devices are purpose-built for reading so you can lose yourself in a book. Unlike tablets and phones, a Kindle has no glare, even in bright sunlight, and won’t distract you with social media, emails, text messages, or notifications. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite includes features that have made the Kindle family the best devices for reading, enhancing the experience beyond a print book:
- Whispersync and Whispersync for Voice—Saves and synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations from your Kindle eBooks and Audible books across all of your Kindle devices and apps, so you can always pick up where you left off on any device, whether you’re reading or listening.
- Goodreads—Kindle is integrated with the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations, with over 50 million members, 1.3 billion books added, and 47 million book reviews.
- X-Ray—Explore the “Bones of the Book”—see all of the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places, or topics of interest.
- Word Wise—Available on many popular English language titles, Word Wise makes it easier to enjoy and quickly understand more challenging books. Short and simple definitions automatically appear above difficult words, so you can keep reading with fewer interruptions.
Family Library—With Kindle and Kindle reading apps, you can access not only your own books, but also books from the Amazonaccount of a spouse or partner.
- Smart Lookup—Integrates a full dictionary definition with other reference information via X-Ray and Wikipedia.
World’s Best eBook Store
Kindle e-readers come with instant access to the
- World’s best selection—Millions of books, newspapers and magazines, including the latest best sellers, and programs like Prime Reading and Kindle Unlimited, both of which continue to grow.
- Kindle exclusives—Over one million books are exclusive to the
- Amazon First Reads—Early access to an editorially curated list
of six new books one month before they officially publish. Every
month, customers can choose one Kindle book from our editors’ picks
$1.99—Prime members get it for free—and also purchase hardcovers for $9.99or less.
Pricing and Availability
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is