Prime Members Enjoyed Biggest Global Shopping Event in Amazon History this Prime Day
Prime Day sales surpassed Black Friday and Cyber Monday, all on a day with deals reserved exclusively for Prime members
Prime members’ most popular purchase on Prime Day was the Amazon Echo Dot
The Prime Day 2017 event grew by more than 60 percent over last year – sales growth by small businesses and entrepreneurs was even higher
Prime members’ most popular purchase was the Echo Dot, which was not only the best-selling
- U.S.: Instant Pot DUO80 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker; 23andMe DNA Tests for Health + Ancestry
U.K.: TP-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug, works with Alexa; Sony Playstation 4 Spain: SanDisk Ultra Fit 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive; Moto G Plus (5th Generation) Smartphone; Lenovo Ideapad 310 Laptop Mexico: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable; NintendoSwitch Japan: SAVAS Whey Protein; Happy Belly pure bottled water Italy: Finish All in One Maxtablets; Caffe Vergnano 1882 Espresso machine India: OnePlus 5 phone; Seagate Expansion 1.5TB Portable External Drive Germanyand Austria: PlayStation Plus Membership; Soda Stream Franceand Belgium: PlayStation Plus Membership; Game of Thrones - The Complete Season 1 to 6 Blu-Ray China: Fisher Price Soothe and Glow Seahorse; A brief history of humankind+ A brief history of tomorrow set Canada: Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, 8 Qt; AmazonBasics AA Rechargeable Batteries (8-Pack)
“To those customers who tried Prime for the first time and our long time members, thank you for a great Prime Day,” said
Global Highlights from Prime Day 2017
- A record number of Prime members shopped across 13 countries.
- Prime members purchased seven times more Amazon Echo devices globally than on Prime Day 2016.
- Members saved hundreds of millions of dollars on product discounts globally, compared to the already low prices offered to non-Prime customers.
- More than 3.5 million toys were purchased by customers worldwide on Prime Day 2017.
- Tens of millions of customers used the Amazon App on Prime Day. Customer orders on the Amazon App more than doubled this Prime Day compared to last year.
U.S. Highlights from Prime Day 2017
- Members found deals organized by more than 20 of the most-shopped-for themes – from Pet Lovers to Gardeners and more. The most popular themes on Prime Day were Home Chefs, Techies and For the Home.
- Prime members purchased more than 50,000 TP-Link Smart Plugs.
- The fastest Prime Now deliveries on Prime Day were in
Sunnyvaleand Berkeley, Californiaand Kirkland, Washingtonto members who ordered snacks, writeable DVD packs and a Samsung Internal SSD. The orders were each delivered in 12 minutes.
- More than 200,000 women’s dresses and more than 200,000 lightbulbs were purchased by customers on Prime Day 2017.
- More than 100,000 items from Amazon Launchpad startups including the Anova Culinary Bluetooth Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Soylent Coffiest Meal Replacement Drink, Skybell Wi-Fi Video Doorbells and LIFX Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb were orders by customers by on Prime Day 2017.
Prime Members Love Movies, Music and Books
In the week leading up to Prime Day 2017, Prime members enjoyed Prime Video, Prime Reading, Amazon Music and Audible, streaming and downloading more than two times compared to last year. Also in the week leading up to Prime Day, the most downloaded Kindle Unlimited book was
Small Business and Entrepreneur Highlights from Prime Day 2017
Prime Day 2017 was another record-breaking success for small businesses and entrepreneurs worldwide who participated in the event. Feedback from small businesses and entrepreneurs includes:
“We’re absolutely thrilled – our daily sales increased by over 500 times on Prime Day. Within the first six hours, Furbo Dog Camera shot up to the No.1 Best Seller in four categories including the highly competitive pet supplies and home monitor category,” said,
“Prime Day was a huge success for us. We had a massive lift in sales last night compared to an average Monday night, and our deal sold out almost as soon as it went live. The level of demand far surpassed our expectations,” said Caron Proschan, Simply Gum,
“Prime Day has been another amazing success this year! Both Monday and Tuesday (Prime Day) were record days in sales for our business. It's great to have the additional sales boost during these traditionally slower summer months,” said Tyler &
“Overall, for the Prime Day event (all 30 hours), we saw about 20 times more overall sales. This is a huge benefit to our business, as it gives us exposure to thousands of new customers, and helps us with cash flow as we ramp up on inventory for the Holiday Season,” said
“So far, this year’s Prime Day sales increased 350 percent from last year’s. Getting the opportunity to offer lightning deals as a Handmade at
“LightAccents had a fantastic Prime Day. It was our best sales day in over two years,” said
Prime Member Highlights from Prime Day 2017
We spoke to several Prime members who shopped on Prime Day and this is what they told us:
“When you're a teacher, your first priority is, and always will be, your students. Thanks to Prime Day, I bought a lot of things, thinking of my students from this past year and this next year. Magnet letters to use for practicing spelling words, stools for them to sit on while working with me at a table, and many books. I also bought some Velcro “coins” to use in the class room. These are life savers!” said
“After some browsing, I saw that the Fire HD 8 Tablet was on sale for $49.99. Having the newest version with Alexa capabilities, it will be perfect as I plan for my own wedding. I’m an event planner and also have three other weddings from the end of August until December. That is a lot of things to remember. The Fire Tablet can now be with me on commutes and at the airport and maybe I will start to read for fun again,” said
“I could hardly believe the savings!