Salesforce and AWS Expand Global Strategic Alliance to Accelerate Enterprises' Digital Transformations
As part of the next phase of their global strategic alliance, AWS and Salesforce will deliver the following integrations and a highly secure, trusted framework for connecting the Salesforce Platform with AWS PrivateLink and Amazon Connect:
- AWS PrivateLink integration with Salesforce APIs: AWS PrivateLink will allow SaaS application developers who build on AWS to offer private endpoints as an additional option for accessing their service. This integration will provide endpoints for core Salesforce APIs within the developers' Amazon VPCs and vice versa. Exposure to Internet threats is reduced by using a dedicated AWS network connection, which privately routes all traffic flowing between Salesforce and AWS services on a dedicated
Amazonnetwork connection rather than the public Internet. Customers will be able to use their PrivateLink-enabled Salesforce endpoints to do more with their customer data, from big data analytics to machine learning, making it significantly easier to unlock customer insights than what is currently possible with custom, one-off integration points.
- AWS integration with Salesforce Platform Events: Building intelligent, connected customer experiences requires complex synchronization of data between systems. Customers are increasingly building event-driven architectures that trigger processes in AWS based on data changes in Salesforce, and vice versa. As part of this announcement AWS and Salesforce will collaborate on a new solution that will enable mutual customers to publish and subscribe to Salesforce Platform Events in AWS with unprecedented ease. Events in Salesforce, such as the creation of a sales opportunity, can then easily trigger actions in AWS Lambda and other AWS products. Once processing is complete, results will publish back to Salesforce as Platform Events. For example, enterprises who are managing fleets of connected devices on AWS would be able to leverage usage data to alert sales, service, and marketing teams who are using Salesforce so they can proactively resolve customer incidents, generate sales leads, and cross-sell new services. AWS integration with Salesforce Platform Events will be available in 2019.
- Integration with Amazon Connect for Salesforce Service Cloud: Today, companies can leverage Amazon Connect, a self-service, cloud-based contact center service, together with Salesforce Service Cloud to deliver capabilities that support customer workflows between three of the most critical contact center technologies — interactive voice response (IVR), automatic call distributor (ACD), and CRM. Expanding on this integration, Amazon Connect for Salesforce Service Cloud will enable customers to build highly dynamic, AI-driven, self-service voice experiences with a Lightning-integrated agent and customer community. This may include prebuilt data and omni-channel integration, support for bots, and artificial intelligence (AI) built with Amazon Lex and Salesforce Einstein. Amazon Connect for Salesforce Service Cloud is now available and mutual customers can install the Amazon Connect CTI Adapter on the AppExchange.
Salesforce today runs the vast majority of their public cloud workloads on AWS. Salesforce is now live on AWS in
"Salesforce's growing strategic relationship with AWS is fueled by a shared commitment to customer success," said
"Because of the deep relationship between AWS and Salesforce – Salesforce runs the vast majority of their public cloud workloads in AWS, and
- Learn more about the
Amazonand Salesforce partnership: http://salesforce.com/aws
- Like Salesforce on
- Follow @salesforce on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/aws
- Follow AWS on
- Follow @awscloud on Twitter: https://twitter.com/awscloud
Salesforce, the global CRM leader, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
Salesforce has headquarters in
Dreamforce 2018 is four days of innovation, inspiration & learning, equality, giving back and fun for the
About Amazon Web Services
For over 12 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 125 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI),
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/salesforce-and-aws-expand-global-strategic-alliance-to-accelerate-enterprises-digital-transformations-300718126.html
Allen Tsai, email@example.com