Save the Date: July 12 & 13—Prime Day Returns Offering Amazon’s Lowest Prices Ever on Select Products
Early deals start June 21 and the two-day savings event includes must-have brands such as Beats, Casper, iRobot, and SharkNinja; fashion styles from Amazon Essentials, Levi’s and Adidas; and deep discounts on select products from Sony, Bose, and more
Customers can also win prizes by supporting small businesses – from June 21 through July 11, for every $1 (excluding taxes and fees) spent on eligible small business products, customers will receive a chance to win Amazon.ca eGift cards
Customers in and around the Toronto area are invited to Shop Small for Prime Day at Yonge and Dundas Square on the evenings of July 12 & 13, where they can win prizes and shop deals in-person from local businesses selling on Amazon.ca via QR codes on the Amazon Mobile Shopping App
TORONTO—Jun. 16, 2022—(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon’s annual Prime Day event is back. The 48-hour event kicks off July 12 at 3 a.m. EDT and runs through July 13 for Prime members in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, the U.K., the U.S., and for the first time ever in Poland and Sweden. Later this summer, Prime Day deals events will be held in India, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, as well as in Egypt for the first time.
Customers will be able to shop products from top brands and more third-party sellers than ever, including many small and medium-sized businesses. New deals—from fashion and electronics to toys and home—will go live throughout Prime Day, offering savings on products across categories.
20th Anniversary of Amazon.ca
June 25th will mark the 20th anniversary of Amazon.ca and to celebrate this milestone, Prime members in Canada will have access to blockbuster deals starting at 3 a.m. EDT on July 12 through July 13 only at amazon.ca/primeday.
Shopping Small Businesses
This year we’ve made it easier than ever to support small businesses.
- Win Big by Supporting Small: From June 21 through July 11, for every $1 spent (excluding taxes and fees) on eligible small business products, customers will receive a chance to win Amazon.ca eGift Cards. No purchase necessary. Terms and conditions apply. Void where prohibited. Must be 18 or older to enter. To browse Canadian small businesses, visit ca/supportsmall.
- Shop Small for Prime Day Pop-Up Market in Toronto: On Tuesday, July 12 and Wednesday, July 13 between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. at Yonge and Dundas Square in Toronto, customers can shop deals for Prime Day from over 40 local small businesses. Attendees will get a chance to meet the brand owners and shop Prime Day deals from these local brand owners using QR codes that will allow customers to directly purchase items on-site via the Amazon Mobile Shopping App. Eligible attendees will also have the chance to win special prizes and participate in on-site experiences related to Prime Day.
- Look for the Small Business Badge: Prime members can discover and shop products from small business brands in Amazon’s store with the new Small Business Badge. This new badge makes it easier for members to identify products from small business brands and artisans. To learn more and shop curated collections, visit ca/supportsmall.
Get Ready Ahead of Prime Day
This year, Amazon makes preparing for Prime Day easier and more rewarding than ever. Members can receive custom product recommendations and set up deal notifications and reminders to get ready. Amazon is also offering an exclusive gaming experience just for Prime members to celebrate before Prime Day. Customers can join Amazon Prime or eligible customers can start a free trial at amazon.ca/primeday to participate.
- Create Deal Alerts for Personalized Recommendations: Prime members can subscribe to receive deal alert notifications related to their recent Amazon searches and recently viewed items. All they have to do is visit the Prime Day event page on the Amazon app between now and Prime Day to create deal alerts. Once Prime Day arrives, members will receive push notifications on any available deals.
- Get Deal Notifications from Alexa: Prime members never have to worry about missing a deal thanks to Alexa. Members can add products to their Wish List, Cart, or Save for Later, and then ask Alexa to notify them about the deal when it’s live or even order it on their behalf.
- Set a Reminder: Prime members can say, “Remind me when Prime Day starts,” to be alerted when the two-day deals event begins.
- Tune in to Ultimate Crown: On July 9 starting at 7 p.m. EDT, Prime members can tune in globally to the gaming event of the summer—Ultimate Crown—on tv/Crown and Prime Video. An all-star lineup of gamers and streamers will battle live from Las Vegas at the HyperX Arena.
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime offers the best of shopping, savings and entertainment to more than 200 million paid members around the world. In Canada, that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video, ad-free listening of over two million songs on Amazon Music, unlimited access to thousands of books with Prime Reading, free games with Prime Gaming, free unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos, early access to select Lightning Deals, Prime Day, and more. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members have access to Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery on eligible orders over CDN $25 when shipping to Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, and Southwestern Ontario, Prime FREE One-Day Delivery to most cities and towns, and FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items. Prime is CDN $99 per year or CDN $9.99 a month and eligible customers can start a free trial of Prime at amazon.ca/prime. University and College students can join Prime Student for 50% off and enjoy the benefits of Prime with a six-month trial at amazon.ca/primestudent. Amazon Business customers—from small businesses to large enterprises, as well as education, government, and non-profit organizations—can also take advantage of Prime’s fast, free shipping and exclusive business-relevant benefits with Business Prime, which starts at CDN $109 per year for up to three users at amazon.ca/businessprime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.